Monday, September 24, 2012

Mabon and other things...

Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated Mabon for the first time together.  We shared in a quiet, centering, small ritual, then I cooked us a fabulous dinner and we just had a romantic, quiet evening, enjoying one anothers' company.
This was our amazing meal.  <3


I felt renewed and recharged yesterday.  It was a wonderful sort of peace.

Then, today, my mom called.  My grandmother died this afternoon.  She was going to turn 89 years old on the 26th (the day after my son turns 3).
I haven't cried yet.  I'm kind of devoid of emotions.  She's had alzheimer's and dementia for years.  The last time I saw her, she had no idea who I was.  That's not to say I don't love her.  I do.  Very much.  The reality just hasn't sunken in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment